Our fire department generally hires annually, on or around January 1st. Applications for a POC firefighter can be faxed, scanned and emailed or dropped off at fire station #1 anytime and will be kept on file until October of which the hiring process begins. During October, November and December, the applicants are put through numerous different phases of hiring where their expectations, locations and competancies are considered for the upcoming position opening.
If interested, please feel free to inquire with any questions you may have!
General Qualifications/ Paid On-Call Firefighter
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid Minnesota Driver's License
- Be able to respond to assigned station within 6 minutes of call
- Pass physical agility and mental aptitude testing
- Complete a medical examination and drug test
- Pass a background check
- Ability to obtain Fire Fighter I and Emergency Medical Responder training.
Firefighters in good standing are paid on a per call hour basis.
Relief Association Benefits
Firefighters are 50% vested after 10 years of service, and fully vested after 20 years.
Questions? Contact Us, or fill out an application to get the process started!