During the first quarter of each year, IFD examines its roster and hires according to any shortages either present or expected during the next couple years for each of its 3 stations. Currently, Station 3 is in the need of a few dedicated, hard working individuals to join its team. If you or someone you know is interested, fill out an application and fax, email or drop it off at station 1!
General Qualifications/ Paid On-Call Firefighter
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid Minnesota Driver's License
- Be able to respond to assigned station within 5 minutes of call
- Pass physical agility and mental aptitude testing
- Complete a medical examination and drug test
- Pass a background check
- Ability to obtain Fire Fighter I and First Responder Certification
Firefighters in good standing are paid on a per call basis.
Relief Association Benefits
Firefighters are 50% vested after 10 years of service.
Questions? Contact Us, or fill out an application to get the process started!
Click on Helmet For Printable Application