Welcome to our website! And thank you for having a look at our employment/now hiring page.
If you are interested in becoming a paid on call firefighter, please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. Or, fill out an applicaiton and come on in for an interview, obligation free!
Our fire department generally hires annually, on or around January 1st. Applications for a POC firefighter can be faxed, scanned and emailed or dropped off at fire station #1 anytime and will be kept on file until October of which the hiring process begins. Once began, the applicants are put through an exciting process we have designed to help us and the applicant determine their fit for one of our 3 fire stations.
If interested, please feel free to inquire with any questions you may have!
General Qualifications/ Paid On-Call Firefighter
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid Minnesota Driver's License
- Be able to respond to assigned station within 6 minutes of call
- Pass physical agility and mental aptitude testing
- Complete a medical examination and drug test
- Pass a background check
- Ability to obtain Fire Fighter I and Emergency Medical Responder training. (We provide this, free to you!)
Firefighters in good standing are paid on a per call hour basis.
Firefighters are partially vested after 4 years of service, and fully vested after 20 years. Isanti Fire District members are participants of the Public Employees Retirement Association of MN (PERA).
Questions? Contact Us, or fill out an application to get the process started!